Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

Pyeongchang, South Korea

Departures. I always like to check out this Departures billboard at the Munich airport when I fly. All the places you could go...London, Budapest, Istanbul.... This time my ticket is to Korea. The whole Biathlon World Cup circuit will fly on a Charter flight - a plane especially for us - to the remaining World Cups. I found this map below to give you a better idea of where I am going. Right now, I too think it just looks like a map and I can only imagine Korea to look like a dense rainforest. Monday morning when I wake up, that is all going to change.

I am not sure what my internet access will be the next few weeks, but I will contact you as soon as I can. Definitely sending a postcard from Korea. Gosh, what a way that card has to travel to get to you. Which way around the world will it go?

I also found some Hangul - the language they speak/write in Korea:

Give some of those words a try!

So, what are you all up to mid-April? I am planning a trip up to the County and would like to visit your class again. I will be in contact with Mrs. Lugdon so we can plan a day. See yah soon!

-haley

No comments: