Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

a successful trail run on a beautiful fall day


Participants of the Jackrabbit Trail run started in the cool fog Saturday morning, passing along the beaded Kenyan gecko from runner to runner from Paul Smiths to Lake Clear to Saranac Lake to Lake Placid and ended at Keene's Rock and River Inn and guiding service.

While on the trail just past the beaver dam:


I had some special company at the end of my run in addition to the ladies above. Jenna, a student and Bill Koch skier, whom I met at the Lake Placid Elementary school last year, joined me for the last mile or so. Getting to go for a run and chat was great fun. I hope we get to do it again some time!

The joint effort made us both a bit "taller" and stronger that day:

Here's the crew that finished out the last leg of the run from Mountain Rd. on Rt. 86 to Rock and River. Well, actually I was the only one to join in for the last leg. The others were having such a great time that they continued on leg after leg of the journey to make it to the end.


Thanks for hosting such a fun event Keela! Glad it has been so successful for Reason 2 Smile!

No comments: