Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Post-workout snow angel


I haven't made a snow angel in awhile and never on Mt. Van Hoevenberg's biathlon range, so thought I'd give it a try and join Scarlett, who was enjoying Lake Placid with her family.

I admit, it was little hard to leave the great skiing at home, but am now quite glad once in Nove Mesto na Morave. The conditions are good and will probably hold up through some warmer weather this weekend. We completed the first of three races today. The ski conditions were good and the long sustained climbs feel a bit like skiing on the treadmill at home. The range was windy, but a condition that dominates my past memory of racing in Nove Mesto, anyways. It was a good race day for me and I think it will help kick some of the last bits of jet lag before heading into an Individual on Saturday. I forgot my camera, so hopefully I'll get some photos in soon while the internet is good. If you're curious as to what central Czech Republic looks like, check out this website.

USBA press release
World Youth and Junior Championships are here in a few weeks. Here's our team.